Do you have strands of burned-out holiday lights or are you replacing old holiday lights with energy ...
PTFD Open House
Join The Plain Township Fire Department and the Firefighter’s Local 3850, Sunday, October 9, 2022 from 10:00am to 3:00pm in recognition for Fire Prevention Week!
Meet your Firefighters, tour fire trucks and learn about fire safety!
The Plain Township Fire Department encourages all residents to embrace the 2022 Fire Prevention Week theme, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.™”
“It’s important for everyone to plan and practice a home fire escape. Everyone needs to be prepared in advance, so that they know what to do when the smoke alarm sounds. Given that every home is different, every home fire escape plan will also be different,” said Fire Chief Jack Rupp. “Have a plan for everyone in the home. Children, older adults, and people with disabilities may need assistance to wake up and get out. Make sure that someone will help them!” “Today’s homes burn faster than ever. You may have as little as two minutes (or even less time) to safely escape a home fire from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Your ability to get out of a home during a fire depends on early warning from smoke alarms and advance planning,”
The Plain Township Fire Department wants to share these key home fire escape planning tips:
- Make sure your plan meets the needs of all your family members, including those with sensory or physical disabilities.
- Smoke alarms should be installed inside every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every levelof your home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place a safe distance from your home where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the household, including guests. Practice at least once during the day and at night.
Join us to learn about fire safety, activities and demonstrations. Hot dogs, chips, and drinks will be provided.
Parking will be available at Marburn Academy.
Plain Township Fire Department Open House Memories…
The Plain Township Fire Department is located at 9500 Johnstown Road.